Call Us Now

Baton Rouge, LA
Lafayette, LA
Shreveport, LA
New Orleans, LA
What happens when a taxpayer simply can't pay his taxes?

What happens when a taxpayer simply can't pay his taxes?

Currently Not Collectible Status

If you have no true income CNC placement may be a good option for solving your tax problems. Let our lawyers help you!

What happens when a taxpayer simply can't pay his taxes? Short answer: "CNC" or "Currently Not Collectible" status – but, it's not automatic. You must request it and prove you qualify.

When the IRS determines that it is presently unable to collect taxes from a taxpayer it will place the taxpayer's account in a "Currently Not Collectible" or "CNC" status.

This means that the IRS will stop trying to collect the tax and the time period for collecting the tax keeps running.

Generally, unless the taxpayer's financial situation changes, the account will remain in CNC status until the collection period expires. If the taxpayer's financial situation improves the account will be taken off of CNC status and the IRS begins to collect the taxes.

Who qualifies? Basically anyone who can prove that he has no income and no available assets to pay the taxes!

Qualification always depends on the circumstances, but for CNC status the big question is: Can the taxpayer pay??

Let us help you get placed in CNC status. To find out whether you qualify call us confidentially or fill out our confidential contact form which will entitle you to request that someone from our firm contact you to schedule your FREE initial consultation.

Bryson Law Firm News Is Featured All Over the Country in These and Other Fine Publications

business insidercbsmoneywatchcnbcfirstinbusiness


bostoncomnydailynewsRADIO WWL


worldnetdailyyahoo financenewsdaycom

Free Confidential Consultation

Free Confidential Consultation

Fill out this form for your No Risk- Free Initial Tax Resolution Consultation.


Please type your full name.


Invalid email address.


Please type your phone number (i.e 123-456-7890).


Please type your zipcode.


Invalid Input


Answer your questions, dispel common misconceptions about tax law and more by reading our FAQs.

Success Stories

Read More Stories

Follow Us

linkedin_logofacebook_logotwitter_logoyoutube large

Share This Page