Some Interesting IRS Stats Regarding IRS Appeals
- In 2011, taxpayers and their representatives appealed 148,327 disputes to the IRS Office of Appeals.
- Approximately 50% of them involved "collection" issues – levies, garnishments, liens, etc.
- Approximately 30% of them involved audits.
- Approximately 7% of them involved penalties.
- Approximately 13% involved all other issues.
Source: Beyond145, 2011 IRS Data Book
***Bryson Law Firm, LLC is a Louisiana law firm focusing 100% of our practice on helping people and businesses solve their IRS and Louisiana state tax problems. We have offices throughout the state in Lafayette, Baton Rouge, and Shreveport.**