We’re here to clear up some misconceptions about Offers in Compromise and tell you what you really need to know. We might disagree on whether this is our favorite topic, but it’s important to understand Offers in Compromise as a tool for resolving cases. You’ll find out what an Offer in Compromise is, why someone might file an offer, and everything that needs to be considered before filing.
This process is not as simple as you might think, so be sure to tune in to find out everything you need to know and everything at stake before you file.
Topics We Cover in This Episode:
- Expectations around offers
- What the Fresh Start program is
- How national marketing companies can abuse Offers in Compromise
- Why so many Offers in Compromise are denied
- What it takes to qualify for an Offer in Compromise
- Different types of offers
- The most common offer utilized by tax professionals
- The two forms that need to be filed for an Offer in Compromise
- The cost of filing an offer
- Why taxes are a journey, not a destination
Think of this episode as your 101 in Offers in Compromise. Whether you just want to know more about the process or you’re planning to file, this episode breaks it all down for you and gets into the nitty gritty that a lot of people don’t talk about.
Visit www.brysonlawfirm.com to find out more or ask a question! We would love to hear from you and help you get the answers you need.
Connect with Cary & Angie Bryson:
Follow & Review
Are you following the podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today so you don’t miss any future episodes. We would also appreciate it if you would leave a review on Apple Podcasts! We read each of them, and they help us make sure we are providing the content that you want and need when it comes to all things taxes.